Men needs to take care of their skin as much as women does. Women are more aware and cautious about their skin and aging process. Skincare products for both sexes are totally different. There are major differences between the skin type of men and women. It is important to take note of the differences in order to develop an effective skincare regimen for yourself.
Skin Type Difference Between Men and Women
Men’s skin has a tendency to be oilier and warmer, because men have numerous blood vessels compared to women’s skin. This means that guys are prone to having clogged pores than women. Men’s skin is also much thicker than women, so choosing the right products for men should be easily absorbed into the skin and help keep the oily nature of the skin. Women’s thinner skin are more likely to be damaged by the harmful effects of the sun.
A Simple Skincare Regimen Suggestion for Men:
- Cleanser – Since the skin tends to get oilier in certain areas, the excess oil can block pores preventing the razor to glide smoothly on the skin. It is important for men to wash their face with water and a good cleanser to remove the excess oil and dirt. Look for a gentle cleanser to avoid the dry skin, which often leads to skin becoming wrinkled and appearing much older.
- Efxoliator – With men’s thicker skin, a gentle scrub or a chemical exfoliant will be much effective for men. This is another important part of a good skincare regimen to help remove the dead skin cells. Do this twice a week to keep the face clearer and brighter.
- Pre and Post Shaving Products – After cleansing, prepare you skin by splashing warm water on your face to open the pores. Then apply a thin layer of a pre-shaving cream or gel to make the skin warm and moist. Helping the razor to a closer shave. After an nice shave, an application of an after-shave product will then soothe and hydrate the skin.
- Facial Moisturizer – Since men have more facial hair, it is important to moisturize. Applying a good moisturizer day and night will keep the skin and facial hair hydrated. By doing this, you will help yourself from having cuts and irritations from shaving. Look for oil-free and fragrance-free moisturizers to manage oily and sensitive skin.
- Sunscreen – Lastly, protect your skin from sun damage by applying daily sunscreen. Do not neglect this part because everyone can be a victim of the sun. If you can look for a moisturizer with SPF 30 or higher, that will save you time by applying step 4 and 5 at once.
Maintaining a healthy and younger looking skin all boils down to your effort. The effort to follow and maintain a good skincare regimen, to stay away from the harmful sun and other damaging factors, and to live an active and healthy lifestyle. It is never too early or too late to take care of your skin. Read for more skincare tips to maintain a younger skin.